Sunday, January 22, 2012

babies and birthdays.



I love babies! So happy I got to hold my friend's nephew today. I wanted to steal him.

We're cute :)





While I was holding this little cutie, I was talking to this lady and our conversation went like this:
Me: He's such a cute baby!
Lady: Yes he is! Are you married?
Me: No
Lady: How old are you?
Me: 21
Lady: Oh, you're gettin old! Time to get married soon. Are you dating anyone?

That's where I cut the conversation off. I don't even know this lady and she's being nosy. Women are good at that. I should have just told her I'm considering a mission, which I'm not really; but it shuts them up every time.

Wow, some people! It made me laugh, because this sort of conversation is becoming more and more frequent. I should have told her that I am turning 22 in a few weeks--then I would have been really, really old. Kidding. Seriously, who else has stuff like this happen to them and people say crap like that? Not many of my friends do. Only here in UT would that be the response that I got, that early 20s is old. Sometimes I don't get the culture. I find myself unidentifying (I know that's not a word)/not identifying with it more and more. I guess I don't get what the big deal/rush to get married is....? I gotta get out of here after I graduate asap. World travels+no pressure=bueno.

Birthday...this is primarily for my family that reads this blog and have been asking about what I want. Feel free to stop reading here.

The Fray's new album (out 2.7) I got their last album (released on 2.3.09) for my 19th birthday! They're like my birthday band haha.
A brain model! I have a couple of classes that this would be very useful for. It would help me learn where all the different functions are.







sparkly Vans, they're amazing


Last but (certainly!) not least...Ingrid Michaelson tickets! Dos so I can go with an amigo/a. She should be announcing spring tour dates soon and/or have a pop up show. At least I hope she plays SLC. I saw in a newsletter that she is playing at Sundance next weekend and the passes you need to get in are 200 bones! Yikes!


It's almost my favorite month, even though I'm not a huge fan of valentine's day, ha.

xoxox,
ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!

faceyb1

statcounter