Saturday, January 7, 2012

3.

3. a picture and description of your favorite place (somewhere you have actually been).

Llanes, Spain
my favorite place in the entire world. Sadly, I was keeping all of my pictures from that section of my study abroad on a flash drive (stupid, stupid idea. I will never do that again) and they all got deleted before I got home :( I cried when I discovered that. 
Anyway, quick story (with the pictures I had on facebook)
 We left on a Saturday morning for an excursion to Llanes. The bus was having issues with its tires and stopped at a tire place to get the tire patched or pumped up or something. My friend Katie and I had to pee really badly, so we decided to go in the little service station and use the restroom. We figured we had enough time while they were taking care of the bus. Katie comes back in the bathroom just as I am washing my hands and says, "How do you feel about walking?" What?! Turns out, our group got on a different bus and left us! In the middle of freaking Spain, where we have no idea where we are. Luckily, our Spanish was pretty good at that point! After our momentary freak outs, we calmed down, laughed a little and called our professor. He also laughed and told us that they (he and the other professors) started the count off (that we usually always did) and then stopped in the middle because they didn't think anyone had gotten off the bus. Hence, people didn't know we were missing until someone mentioned it right before we called! Kinda comical. They talked the the people at the place over the phone and told us to wait until the bus we were originally riding in had the tire fixed and that the driver would bring us to where we needed to be :) What a fun memory and adventure.
 Katie and I on our personal bus! (Note to self, next time I go anywhere with humidity, I will not have bangs--they don't style so well!)
Later on, happy to finally be in Llanes.

I loved it there. Everything about it. The quaintness, the atmosphere, the charm. So serene and peaceful. I loved the way I felt, free and happy, just meandering around. I didn't feel like we have near the right amount of time to spend there. It's a fisherman's town and there really wasn't that much to do there, but I loved wandering the streets, going in all the little shops and wandering the piers. We also passed this little hotel with this cute courtyard with all sorts of tropical (I know that part of Spain isn't exactly tropical, but much more so than what I'm used to haha) plants and flowers that I just loved. I told my friends that I'd come back there for sure. I fully intend to keep that promise and I'll make it back there someday.  I also wanted to horseback ride there, but we didn't get a chance to go back. All the more reason for a return visit, right?! plus, I need my pictures in that cute little hotel courtyard :)

xoxo
ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!

faceyb1

statcounter