Saturday, April 28, 2012

an 'I told you so, mom' moment.

My mom calls me up and is like. "Ash, guess what?!"
A: what?
M: I just got off the phone with my friend Jeff and we were talking about our kids and he told me that he has a kid who's majoring in linguistics. and I said oh no, I have a kid who's doing that too. what is he going to with that?
Then she told me that he said that the kid just finished a masters in ling and is leaving in September to Korea to teach English to the business execs at Samsung.

Of course, I thought that was awesome.

I've had my mom convinced that I will be able to get a job in my field since last summer. Before that, I put up with a lot of crap, until I finally just told her that I'm gonna buy a VW Vanagon and live in it. Dead serious; I still want to at some point. That made the topic a little lighter when it came up though.

This phone call made me want to say I told you so, mom! She acknowledged that there are teaching jobs, but you generally have to go overseas for them. She didn't even balk when I told her that. so see, my major is perfectly fine :) and, even better, if I change my mind and end up dumping CSD and doing the TESOL cert instead, I can go participate in the fun-ness of travelling/living abroad too!

yay.

xoxo,

ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!

faceyb1

statcounter