Sunday, January 27, 2013

hobbies.

 I need more hobbies. I want to amp up my life, so today, I've been thinking about hobbies that I can incorporate into my life to give it some pizazz! Here is the list that I've come up with and how I am going to facilitate such happenings:

Learn the guitar: find a friend who knows how and learn from them or take a community education class. I tried to teach myself when I was 17. That didn't work so well, but I need to give it another go :)

Learn to knit: I see all these great books on knitting when I browse bookstores. I'm picking one up (or maybe for my birthday ;)

Learn to crochet: same as knitting--although I at least know how to do a couple basic stitches and have everything I need as far as hooks and yarn go.

Become a better baker: When I was in high school, I loved to bake and everything I baked was good/turned out. I've lost my touch! So my plan is to back two new things each month, and when I find something noteworthy, perfect it! Also, I want to find a go-to. For times when I need to take something to a gathering, etc., that's NOT thaw and drop cookie dough. Blech.

Become a cook: this is probably the biggest one on this list! Each week I will pick some new recipes that actually take effort. Started this last week and made Indian curry. It was good :)

Jewelry making

Swimming

Running: this along with Zumba make my life great these days! Love the endorphins. Exercise makes me feel alive.

Ballroom dance...!: I really want to learn how to partner dance, even my coordination isn't that great! haha

Get back into playing my violin


yay for learning new things.

xoxo,

ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments!

faceyb1

statcounter